Saab wind-up begins, GM still reviewing bids
STOCKHOLM Jan 8 (Reuters) - Saab's management has decided to start to liquidate the firm, but parent GM is still reviewing bids received for the firm, a Saab union representative said on Friday.
Saab's management took the decision to begin the liquidation process at a board meeting.
"It is irresponsible of GM to move at the same time in two different directions -- both toward a sale and a wind-down -- in the current situation," IF Metall chairman Stefan Lofven said in a statement.
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- On eve of secession vote, UK's fate hangs on a divided Scotland |
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies