Saab wind-up begins, GM still reviewing bids
STOCKHOLM Jan 8 (Reuters) - Saab's management has decided to start to liquidate the firm, but parent GM is still reviewing bids received for the firm, a Saab union representative said on Friday.
Saab's management took the decision to begin the liquidation process at a board meeting.
"It is irresponsible of GM to move at the same time in two different directions -- both toward a sale and a wind-down -- in the current situation," IF Metall chairman Stefan Lofven said in a statement.
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage |
- U.S. strikes Somali militant camp in bid to kill al Shabaab leader
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |