Saab wind-up begins, GM still reviewing bids
STOCKHOLM Jan 8 (Reuters) - Saab's management has decided to start to liquidate the firm, but parent GM is still reviewing bids received for the firm, a Saab union representative said on Friday.
Saab's management took the decision to begin the liquidation process at a board meeting.
"It is irresponsible of GM to move at the same time in two different directions -- both toward a sale and a wind-down -- in the current situation," IF Metall chairman Stefan Lofven said in a statement.
- Ukraine says Russian tanks flatten town; EU to threaten more sanctions |
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- China and Hong Kong poised for showdown over democracy