TV Land hooks Bertinelli, Leeves for pilot
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - TV Land has hired sitcom veterans Valerie Bertinelli ("One Day at a Time"), Jane Leeves ("Frasier"), Wendie Malick ("Just Shoot Me") and Betty White ("The Golden Girls") to star in its comedy pilot "Hot in Cleveland."
The project revolves around three eccentric fortysomething best friends from L.A. (Bertinelli, Leeves, Malick) who wind up stuck in Cleveland and decide to stay there when they realize the locals consider them glamorous.
White plays a grumpy and opinionated lady who has lived in the cottage of the trio's Cleveland house for 50 years.
"Hot," written by "Frasier" alumna Suzanne Martin, is one of TV Land's first two pilots, along with the comedy "Retired at 35," which features Malick's "Shoot Me" co-star George Segal.
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Hong Kong protesters plan march after fruitless talks with government
- Three Denver girls reportedly en route to Turkey detained, sent home