TV Land hooks Bertinelli, Leeves for pilot
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - TV Land has hired sitcom veterans Valerie Bertinelli ("One Day at a Time"), Jane Leeves ("Frasier"), Wendie Malick ("Just Shoot Me") and Betty White ("The Golden Girls") to star in its comedy pilot "Hot in Cleveland."
The project revolves around three eccentric fortysomething best friends from L.A. (Bertinelli, Leeves, Malick) who wind up stuck in Cleveland and decide to stay there when they realize the locals consider them glamorous.
White plays a grumpy and opinionated lady who has lived in the cottage of the trio's Cleveland house for 50 years.
"Hot," written by "Frasier" alumna Suzanne Martin, is one of TV Land's first two pilots, along with the comedy "Retired at 35," which features Malick's "Shoot Me" co-star George Segal.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port