- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Arizona killer who asked for speedy execution found dead in cell
- Actor James Gandolfini, star of 'The Sopranos,' dies in Italy
- UPDATE 2-Storm Barry heads for Mexico Gulf coast oil installations
- New generation of elite universities rises around the globe
Baidu up as Google dips on China ops review
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shares of Google Inc (GOOG.O) slipped 1.2 percent in extended trading on Tuesday after the leading Internet search provider said it is considering shutting down its China operations and Web site.
Google said hackers in China coordinated a "highly sophisticated" cyber-attack on the Internet search giant in December and targeted other major corporations.
Google shares last traded down 1.1 percent at $584 while Chinese rival Baidu Inc (BIDU.O) rose 2.6 percent to $396.45.
(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this