Vera Farmiga, Michelle Monaghan speak "Code"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Up in the Air" co-star Vera Farmiga and Michelle Monaghan are in line to join Jake Gyllenhaal in the time-travel thriller "Source Code."
Duncan Jones ("Moon") is directing the picture, which centers on a soldier (Gyllenhaal) who, as part of an experimental government program to investigate a terrorist incident, finds himself in the body of an unknown commuter living and reliving a harrowing train bombing until he can find out who is responsible for it.
Farmiga will play a hands-on communications officer controlling Gyllenhaal as he travels through time and space. Monaghan is a woman on the train with whom the man is involved romantically.
The film is slated to begin filming in March. Summit Entertainment is distributing in North America.
Farmiga is flying high off her Golden Globe-nominated performance as George Clooney's love interest in "Up in the Air," one of the season's major awards players.
Monaghan starred with Shia LaBeouf in "Eagle Eye" and recently wrapped "Due Date" with Robert Downey Jr. and Zach Galifianakis.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S