- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares firm, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Germany plans solar subsidy cuts from April-sources
BERLIN Jan 14 (Reuters) - The German government plans to cut solar subsidies for new roof and open-field sites from April by 16 percent to 17 percent, government and industrial sources told Reuters on Thursday.
Additional cuts to the subsidies will be made from 2011 if solar projects amount to more than 3,000 megawatts, said the sources and even more if they total more than 3,500 megawatts. Bigger subsidy cuts are planned for solar equipment on farm land.
A spokeswoman for the environment ministry said no decisions had yet been made. "That is planned for next week," she said.
(Reporting by Markus Wacket)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this