Belgium cuts Glaxo H1N1 vaccine order by a third
BRUSSELS Jan 15 (Reuters) - Belgium has cut its order for GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK.L) swine flu vaccine Pandemrix by a third, the latest country to cancel part of its supply due to lower than expected demand.
The Belgian health ministry said on Friday the reduction in the H1N1 order presented a saving of about 33 million euros ($47.6 million). It had initially ordered 12.6 million doses of the vaccine.
For an analysis on Glaxo flu orders, click [ID:nLDE60D0C4] ($1=.6931 euros) (Reporting by Ben Deighton and Ben Hirschler; Editing by Mike Nesbit)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls