Haiti quake death toll may hit 200,000: minister
PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - The death toll from Haiti's earthquake could reach 200,000, Interior Minister Paul Antoine Bien-Aime told Reuters on Friday.
"We have already collected around 50,000 dead bodies we anticipate there will be between 100,000 and 200,000 dead in total, although we will never know the exact number," he said.
(Reporting by Andrew Cawthorne; editing by Chris Wilson)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Governor Christie's trustworthiness takes a hit in New Jersey poll