Haiti quake death toll may hit 200,000: minister
PORT-AU-PRINCE (Reuters) - The death toll from Haiti's earthquake could reach 200,000, Interior Minister Paul Antoine Bien-Aime told Reuters on Friday.
"We have already collected around 50,000 dead bodies we anticipate there will be between 100,000 and 200,000 dead in total, although we will never know the exact number," he said.
(Reporting by Andrew Cawthorne; editing by Chris Wilson)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |