Russia says to start Iran nuclear plant in 2010
MOSCOW Jan 21 (Reuters) - Russia will start up the reactor at Iran's Bushehr nuclear power plant this year, the chief of Russia's state nuclear corporation told reporters on Thursday.
"2010 is the year of Bushehr," Rosatom chief Sergei Kiriyenko told reporters after a cabinet meeting in Moscow.
"There is absolutely no doubt that it will be built this year. Everything is going according to schedule," he said. (Reporting by Darya Korsunskaya, writing by Guy Faulconbridge, editing by Conor Humphries)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark