Feingold to vote against Bernanke Fed renomination
WASHINGTON Jan 22 (Reuters) - Russ Feingold, Democratic Senator from Wisconsin, said on Friday he would vote against confirming Ben Bernanke for a second term as Federal Reserve Chairman.
"Under the watch of Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve permitted grossly irresponsible financial activities that led to the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression," Feingold said in a statement.
"When the full Senate considers his nomination, I will vote against another term for Chairman Bernanke," he said.
Bernanke's current four-year term as head of the Fed -- the U.S. central bank -- expires on Jan. 31.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections