Feingold to vote against Bernanke Fed renomination
WASHINGTON Jan 22 (Reuters) - Russ Feingold, Democratic Senator from Wisconsin, said on Friday he would vote against confirming Ben Bernanke for a second term as Federal Reserve Chairman.
"Under the watch of Ben Bernanke, the Federal Reserve permitted grossly irresponsible financial activities that led to the worst financial crisis since the Great Depression," Feingold said in a statement.
"When the full Senate considers his nomination, I will vote against another term for Chairman Bernanke," he said.
Bernanke's current four-year term as head of the Fed -- the U.S. central bank -- expires on Jan. 31.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions