US Senate Majority Leader backs Bernanke nomination
WASHINGTON Jan 22 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Friday he will vote to confirm Ben Bernanke to a second term as chairman of the Federal Reserve.
"While I will vote for his confirmation, my support is not unconditional," Reid said in a statement. "I know Chairman Bernanke is committed to transparency and accountability, and that is why I will hold him to the highest standards of both."
(Reporting by Thomas Ferraro; editing by Dan Grebler)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Ukraine opposition rally keeps pressure on Yanukovich