US Senate Majority Leader backs Bernanke nomination
WASHINGTON Jan 22 (Reuters) - U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said on Friday he will vote to confirm Ben Bernanke to a second term as chairman of the Federal Reserve.
"While I will vote for his confirmation, my support is not unconditional," Reid said in a statement. "I know Chairman Bernanke is committed to transparency and accountability, and that is why I will hold him to the highest standards of both."
(Reporting by Thomas Ferraro; editing by Dan Grebler)
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- NYC buildings explosion kills two, more missing
- EU moves towards travel bans, asset freezes for Russians |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Exclusive: EU approves framework for asset freezes, travel bans on Russia