DAVOS-Soros says Obama bank levy premature, backs other plans
DAVOS, Switzerland Jan 27 (Reuters) - Billionaire financier George Soros said on Wednesday U.S. President Barack Obama's plan to impose a tax on large banks was premature and his wider proposals to rein in banks' activities may not go far enough.
"To tax the banks when they are doing everything they can to get out of a hole is the exact opposite of the policy you are
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters