Macy's to cut 1,500 store-level jobs - Bloomberg
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Department store operator Macy's Inc (M.N) is cutting 1,500 jobs effective March 6, Bloomberg reported, citing two people familiar with the matter.
The affected jobs are store-level positions, the people told the news agency.
Earlier this month, Macy's said it was closing five of its namesake department stores, affecting about 307 employees, as it pares underperforming locations. [ID:nN05219257]
Macy's could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside regular U.S. business hours.
(Reporting by Shailesh Kuber in Bangalore;; Editing by Erica Billingham)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs