Macy's to cut 1,500 store-level jobs - Bloomberg
Jan 28 (Reuters) - Department store operator Macy's Inc (M.N) is cutting 1,500 jobs effective March 6, Bloomberg reported, citing two people familiar with the matter.
The affected jobs are store-level positions, the people told the news agency.
Earlier this month, Macy's said it was closing five of its namesake department stores, affecting about 307 employees, as it pares underperforming locations. [ID:nN05219257]
Macy's could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside regular U.S. business hours.
(Reporting by Shailesh Kuber in Bangalore;; Editing by Erica Billingham)
- More than 300 people missing after South Korean ferry sinks: coastguard
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- Rivals show force in eastern Ukraine before talks |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |