U.S. government to reduce its emissions 28 percent by 2020
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Friday the U.S. government would reduce its greenhouse gas emissions 28 percent by 2020 as the result of an executive order he issued to set the example on fighting climate change.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason)
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Family of instructor killed at Arizona gun range does not blame girl