U.S. government to reduce its emissions 28 percent by 2020
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Friday the U.S. government would reduce its greenhouse gas emissions 28 percent by 2020 as the result of an executive order he issued to set the example on fighting climate change.
(Reporting by Jeff Mason)
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip |
- U.S. economy back on track with strong second-quarter rebound |
- Argentina fails to reach debt agreement, default looms
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’