News Corp settles with Valassis for $500 million
NEW YORK (Reuters) - News Corp said it settled a lawsuit by Valassis Communications Inc for $500 million after deciding it may have difficulty presenting its case to a jury.
Valassis, a distributor of newspaper inserts, already won $300 million in damages in a lawsuit against News Corp subsidiary News America Marketing for engaging in unfair competition, and more trials were pending.
News Corp said on Saturday the settlement also covers the $300 million.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- 'Bridgegate' scandal threatens next World Trade Center tower
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- UPDATE 4-Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry