News Corp settles with Valassis for $500 million
NEW YORK (Reuters) - News Corp said it settled a lawsuit by Valassis Communications Inc for $500 million after deciding it may have difficulty presenting its case to a jury.
Valassis, a distributor of newspaper inserts, already won $300 million in damages in a lawsuit against News Corp subsidiary News America Marketing for engaging in unfair competition, and more trials were pending.
News Corp said on Saturday the settlement also covers the $300 million.
(Reporting by Ritsuko Ando)
- Deadly gun attack in eastern Ukraine shakes fragile Geneva accord |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Pfizer considers $100 billion bid for AstraZeneca: report
- Prosecutors extend Korea ferry captain's detention as death toll mounts |
- Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter, U.S. boxer famous in folk song, dies at 76