UPDATE 1-Minerals Technologies Q4 adj profit beats Wall Street
* Q4 adj EPS $0.62 vs est EPS $0.55 * Q4 rev up 7 percent
Feb 4 (Reuters) - Minerals Technologies Inc (MTX.N) reported adjusted fourth-quarter profit that beat analysts' estimates, helped by improvements in the specialty chemicals company's end markets.
The company said its primary end markets such as steel, paper, construction and automotive industries, which were hurt by the downturn a year ago, showed improvement in the fourth quarter
For the latest quarter, net income was $4.1 million, or 22 cents a share, compared with $5.7 million, or 31 cents a share, last year. Excluding items, Minerals Technologies earned 62 cents a share.
Quarterly sales increased 7 percent to $256.2 million, helped by foreign exchange gains and slight volume increases in all product lines.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to post a profit of 55 cents a share, before items, on revenue of $234.9 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the company closed at $47.14 on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Thyagaraju Adinarayan in Bangalore; Editing by Unnikrishnan Nair)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies