UPDATE 1-Hardinge to evaluate Romi's buyout offer
* Hardinge engages Jefferies & Co as financial adviser
* Shares rise as much as 15 pct after market
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Hardinge Inc (HDNG.O) said it will evaluate the $90 million unsolicited buyout offer from Brazilian machine tool maker Industrias Romi SA (ROMI3.SA).
Hardinge, which makes precision metal-cutting tools, said it has engaged Jefferies & Co as its financial adviser, and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz as its legal adviser, to assist in evaluating and responding to Romi's proposal.
On Thursday, Romi said it submitted an $8-a-share all-cash offer to Hardinge after the latter refused to engage in talks for about two months. [ID:SGE6130JO]
Shares of Hardinge rose as much as 15 percent to $9.31 after the bell. They closed at $8.07 Friday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by A.Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated
- Ukraine opposition seeks million-strong rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel