UPDATE 1-Hardinge to evaluate Romi's buyout offer
* Hardinge engages Jefferies & Co as financial adviser
* Shares rise as much as 15 pct after market
Feb 5 (Reuters) - Hardinge Inc (HDNG.O) said it will evaluate the $90 million unsolicited buyout offer from Brazilian machine tool maker Industrias Romi SA (ROMI3.SA).
Hardinge, which makes precision metal-cutting tools, said it has engaged Jefferies & Co as its financial adviser, and Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz as its legal adviser, to assist in evaluating and responding to Romi's proposal.
On Thursday, Romi said it submitted an $8-a-share all-cash offer to Hardinge after the latter refused to engage in talks for about two months. [ID:SGE6130JO]
Shares of Hardinge rose as much as 15 percent to $9.31 after the bell. They closed at $8.07 Friday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by A.Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade