- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Senate panel passes immigration bill; Obama praises move
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
Strong quake strikes east of Taiwan
SINGAPORE Feb 7 (Reuters) - A 6.6 magnitude earthquake struck on Sunday east of Taiwan, about 73 miles south southwest of Ishigaki-jima in Japan's Ryukyu islands, the U.S. Geographic Survey said.
It struck at a relatively shallow depth of 6.6 miles. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said there was no danger of a tsunami.
Earthquakes occur frequently in the region, which lies on a seismically active stretch of the Pacific basin. (Reporting by Nick Macfie)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this