"Lost" actor joins "Hawaii Five-O"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Lost" veteran Daniel Dae Kim is staying in Hawaii with a lead role on CBS' "Hawaii Five-0" remake.
In CBS' updated take on the classic cop series, Kim will play Detective Chin Ho Kelly, a sidekick role played in the original series by Kam Fong.
The part of Detective Steve McGarrett has not yet been cast, though "Moonlight" star Alex O'Loughlin continues to be in talks for it.
The new "Hawaii Five-0" hails from hot feature writers and "Fringe" co-creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and "CSI: NY" executive producer/co-showrunner Peter Lenkov.
Kim, who played Jin Kwon on "Lost" for its six-season run, is the first actor from the show's core cast to book a new series project this pilot season as the ABC mystery drama heads to its May finale.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- North Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |