"Lost" actor joins "Hawaii Five-O"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "Lost" veteran Daniel Dae Kim is staying in Hawaii with a lead role on CBS' "Hawaii Five-0" remake.
In CBS' updated take on the classic cop series, Kim will play Detective Chin Ho Kelly, a sidekick role played in the original series by Kam Fong.
The part of Detective Steve McGarrett has not yet been cast, though "Moonlight" star Alex O'Loughlin continues to be in talks for it.
The new "Hawaii Five-0" hails from hot feature writers and "Fringe" co-creators Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and "CSI: NY" executive producer/co-showrunner Peter Lenkov.
Kim, who played Jin Kwon on "Lost" for its six-season run, is the first actor from the show's core cast to book a new series project this pilot season as the ABC mystery drama heads to its May finale.
- Poroshenko to seek ceasefire after 'very tough' talks with Putin |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- 'Men in green' raise suspicions of east Ukrainian villagers
- Gaza ceasefire holding as focus turns to longer term |
- Libyan raids could herald bolder Arab action as U.S. wavers