Brit actress Lucy Punch cast in "Bad Teacher"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - British actress Lucy Punch has been cast opposite Cameron Diaz in the black comedy "Bad Teacher," which Jake Kasdan will start shooting next month in Los Angeles.
The Columbia Pictures project revolves around a foul-mouthed, conniving seventh-grade teacher (Diaz) who pursues a colleague after being dumped by her sugar daddy. The new romantic interest brings her into conflict with Amy Squirrel (Punch), the school's model teacher.
Punch next appears in the Jay Roach-directed comedy "Dinner for Schmucks," which hits theaters in July via Paramount/DreamWorks. After that, she stars in Woody Allen's "You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger," scheduled for a September release.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance |
- Disruptive Hong Kong protests loom after China rules out democracy |
- Syrian army, rebels fight on Golan where peacekeepers held |
- European investors look past Ukraine, focus on ECB
- After unrest over shooting, Ferguson police now wear body cameras