UPDATE 1-Inmet Mining posts profit on improved prices
* Q4 EPS C$1.60 Vs year-ago loss of C$0.67 a share
* Q4 sales rise 108 pct on stronger metal prices
TORONTO Feb 9 (Reuters) - Inmet Mining Corp IMN.TO reported a quarterly profit on Tuesday, rebounding from a year-earlier loss on the back of lower costs and rebounding metals prices.
The Toronto-headquartered base metals miner earned C$89.8 million, or C$1.60 a share, in the fourth quarter.
That compared with a year-before loss of C$32.5 million, or 67 Canadian cents a share, when results were hurt by plunging metals prices and a writedown.
Quarterly sales rose 108 percent to C$290.6 million, as copper and zinc prices rebounded sharply. (Reporting by Euan Rocha, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source