UPDATE 1-Inmet Mining posts profit on improved prices
* Q4 EPS C$1.60 Vs year-ago loss of C$0.67 a share
* Q4 sales rise 108 pct on stronger metal prices
TORONTO Feb 9 (Reuters) - Inmet Mining Corp IMN.TO reported a quarterly profit on Tuesday, rebounding from a year-earlier loss on the back of lower costs and rebounding metals prices.
The Toronto-headquartered base metals miner earned C$89.8 million, or C$1.60 a share, in the fourth quarter.
That compared with a year-before loss of C$32.5 million, or 67 Canadian cents a share, when results were hurt by plunging metals prices and a writedown.
Quarterly sales rose 108 percent to C$290.6 million, as copper and zinc prices rebounded sharply. (Reporting by Euan Rocha, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |