Tim Robbins plays villain's dad in "Green Lantern"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Tim Robbins is joining the cast of "Green Lantern," the superhero movie based on the DC Comics character.
Robbins will play Senator Hammond, the disapproving father of the movie's villain, Dr. Hector Hammond (Peter Sarsgaard), who becomes infused with psychic powers.
Ryan Reynolds stars as Green Lantern, with Blake Lively as the hero's love interest, Carol Ferris.
The movie is heading to a March start in New Orleans. Martin Campbell is directing the Warner Bros. project.
This is the second comic book movie for Robbins; in one of his earliest roles, he appeared in the 1986 George Lucas-produced adaptation of Marvel's "Howard the Duck."
Robbins, who won an Oscar for his supporting performance in "Mystic River," last appeared onscreen in the 2008 sci-fi adaptation "City of Ember."
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source