UPDATE 1-Osisko sets reserves, plans for Malartic project
* Malartic to produce 7.7 mln ounces of gold over 12 years
* Says open-pit reserve at site is 8.97 mln ounces of gold
TORONTO Feb 10 (Reuters) - Osisko Mining OSK.TO expects its Malartic gold project in Quebec to produce 7.7 million ounces of gold over a 12-year period, the Canadian exploration company said on Wednesday.
The Montreal, Quebec-based company said its open-pit reserve at the site is 8.97 million ounces of gold, at an average grade of 1.13 grams per tonne.
The company expects that over a 12.2-year mine life, the average annual output from the mine will be 630,000 ounces of gold and 800,000 ounces of silver. (Reporting by Euan Rocha, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Japan stocks see biggest gain this year, lead sharp Asia rebound