UPDATE 1-Epicor Software Q4 results top Street, Q1 view in line
* Q4 adj EPS $0.19 vs est $0.14
* Q4 revenue $111.9 mln vs est $104.7 mln
Feb 11 (Reuters) - Business software maker Epicor Software Corp EPIC.O posted better-than-expected quarterly results, helped by a boost in software license revenue, and forecast first-quarter results largely in line with Wall Street expectations.
"Epicor 9 is making a difference and is enabling Epicor to increase market share across all of the industries and geographies we address," Chief Executive George Klaus said in a statement.
Epicor 9 is a software that includes functions like customer relationship management, supplier relationship management and business process management.
For the first quarter, Epicor expects adjusted earnings of 10 cents to 11 cents a share, on revenue of $98 million to $100 million.
Analysts expect the company to earn 10 cents a share on revenue of $99.3 million for the period.
Fourth-quarter net income rose to $6.7 million, or 11 cents a share, compared with $1.5 million, or 3 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Excluding items, earnings were 19 cents a share.
Revenue fell about 8 percent to $111.9 million.
Analysts on average were expecting earnings of 14 cents a share, excluding items, on revenue of $104.7 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of the Irvine, California-based company closed at $7.56 Thursday on Nasdaq.
For related alerts double-click on [ID:nWNAB6547] (Reporting by Sudipto Ganguly in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets |
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Wall Street yawns as deal news offsets data; Herbalife sinks