Argentine Grupo Galicia profit trails expectations
BUENOS AIRES Feb 16 (Reuters) - Leading Argentine banking group Grupo Financiero Galicia (GFG.BA) (GGAL.O) reported a fourth-quarter net profit of 49.3 million pesos ($12.7 million) on Tuesday, compared with a 32.2 million peso profit a year ago.
The result fell short of market expectations. A Reuters poll of four local analysts had put the company's net profit at a median of 60.5 million pesos, with estimates ranging from 48 million to 94 million pesos. ($1 = 3.86 as of Dec. 31) (Reporting by Jorge Otaola; Writing by Helen Popper; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port