Argentine Grupo Galicia profit trails expectations
BUENOS AIRES Feb 16 (Reuters) - Leading Argentine banking group Grupo Financiero Galicia (GFG.BA) (GGAL.O) reported a fourth-quarter net profit of 49.3 million pesos ($12.7 million) on Tuesday, compared with a 32.2 million peso profit a year ago.
The result fell short of market expectations. A Reuters poll of four local analysts had put the company's net profit at a median of 60.5 million pesos, with estimates ranging from 48 million to 94 million pesos. ($1 = 3.86 as of Dec. 31) (Reporting by Jorge Otaola; Writing by Helen Popper; Editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Medical worker quarantined in New Jersey under new Ebola safeguards |