BOJ's Shirakawa:BOJ alone cannot stop deflation
(For more stories on the Japanese economy, click [ID:nECONJP])
TOKYO Feb 16 (Reuters) - Bank of Japan Governor Masaaki Shirakawa said on Tuesday the central bank will do what it can to end deflation but it cannot end deflation on its own.
"We are serious about ending deflation. It will take time and it's not something the BOJ alone can achieve. But we will be doing all we can," Shirakawa told the lower house budget committee. (Reporting by Hideyuki Sano)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- With song and sadness, South Africans mourn Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 1-Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease