CORRECTED - CORRECTED-UPDATE 1-Dyax posts narrower-than-expected Q4 loss
(Corrects day in last paragraph to Tuesday from Monday)
* Q4 loss/shr $0.14 vs est loss/shr $0.17
* Cash and equivalents as of Dec 31 at $52.4 mln
Feb 17 (Reuters) - Biotechnology firm Dyax Corp (DYAX.O) reported a narrower-than-expected quarterly loss, helped by a 46 percent fall in research and development expenses, and said it has sufficient cash to support ongoing operations into 2011.
For the fourth quarter, Dyax reported a net loss of $10.9 million, or 14 cents per share, compared with net income of $6.4 million, or 10 cents per share, in the year-ago period.
Revenue was $6.3 million.
Research and development costs fell to $8.8 million from $16.4 million.
Analysts on average were expecting the company to post a loss of 17 cents a share, on revenue of $4.7 million for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Shares of Dyax closed at $3.34 Tuesday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Vinu Pilakkott)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media