UPDATE 1-Henry Schein Q4 results beat Street, backs 2010 view
* Q4 EPS $0.93 vs. est $0.91
* Q4 revenue rose 13 pct to $1.79 bln
Feb 23 (Reuters) - Dental products supplier Henry Schein Inc (HSIC.O) posted a better-than-expected quarterly profit, helped by strong performances in its international unit and electronic services group, and reaffirmed its 2010 outlook.
For the fourth quarter, the company posted net income of $86.4 million, or 94 cents a share, compared with $56.0 million, or 63 cents a share, in the year-ago period.
Excluding certain items, the company posted a profit of 93 cents a share in the latest quarter.
Revenue rose 13 percent to $1.79 billion. International sales grew 32 percent to $699.1 million, while its electronic services segment grew 11 percent to $47.1 million.
Analysts on average were expecting a profit of 91 cents a share on revenue of $1.67 billion for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
The company expects 2010 earnings of $3.40 to $3.56 a share, excluding items.
For the alerts, please double-click on [ID: ]
Shares of the company closed at $57.18 Monday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- Survivors still alive on South Korean ferry: father |
- Putin risks upstaging talks on defusing Ukraine crisis |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Weak U.S. prices, not inflation, the threat now: Fed's Yellen |