UPDATE 1-Mobile Mini Q4 profit jumps
* Q4 EPS $0.14 vs $0.01 yr ago
* Revenue falls 29 pct
Feb 23 (Reuters) - Mobile Mini Inc (MINI.O), a provider of portable storage containers, posted a higher quarterly profit, helped by cost cuts. For the fourth quarter, net income was $6.0 million, or 14 cents a share, compared with $246,000, or 1 cent a share, a year ago.
Revenue fell 29 percent to $87.3 million. Lease revenue, which comprised 89 percent of total revenue, was $77.5 million.
Analysts on average expected earnings of 22 cents a share, on revenue of $92.3 million, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Total costs and expenses fell 35 percent to $62.0 million. Shares of the Tempe, Arizona-based company closed at $15.21 Monday on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Bhaswati Mukhopadhyay in Bangalore; Editing by Anne Pallivathuckal)
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |