FACTBOX-Olympics-Speedskating-Gold medallist Lee Seung-hoon
Feb 23 (Reuters) - Factbox on South Korea's Lee Seung-hoon who won the gold medal in the men's speedskating 10,000 metres at the Vancouver Winter Olympics on Tuesday.
Place of birth: Seoul, Korea
Residence: Seoul, Korea
No previous Olympic results:
Career achievements: Gold, 2008 Short track World Championships, 5000m relay
Silver, 2005 Short track World Championships, 5000m relay
Bronze, 2005 Short track World Championships, 1500m
Third, 2007/08 Short track World Cup, 1500m
Lee grabbed Olympic gold in Vancouver after Dutchman Sven Kramer was disqualifed for lane violation midway through the race. Kramer, Olympic 2010 5000m gold medallist, crossed the line with a comfortable winning time.
Lee started long track speedskating in 2009 having failed to make the South Korean short track team.
The 21-year-old chose long distance events to suit his main strength -- stamina.
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Fiercest fighting in days hits Syrian border town |