FACTBOX-Olympics-Speedskating-Gold medallist Lee Seung-hoon
Feb 23 (Reuters) - Factbox on South Korea's Lee Seung-hoon who won the gold medal in the men's speedskating 10,000 metres at the Vancouver Winter Olympics on Tuesday.
Place of birth: Seoul, Korea
Residence: Seoul, Korea
No previous Olympic results:
Career achievements: Gold, 2008 Short track World Championships, 5000m relay
Silver, 2005 Short track World Championships, 5000m relay
Bronze, 2005 Short track World Championships, 1500m
Third, 2007/08 Short track World Cup, 1500m
Lee grabbed Olympic gold in Vancouver after Dutchman Sven Kramer was disqualifed for lane violation midway through the race. Kramer, Olympic 2010 5000m gold medallist, crossed the line with a comfortable winning time.
Lee started long track speedskating in 2009 having failed to make the South Korean short track team.
The 21-year-old chose long distance events to suit his main strength -- stamina.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Judge gives go-ahead for $2 billion sale of NBA's Clippers
- Jaded Argentines brace for looming debt default