UPDATE 1-Weingarten Realty Investors Q4 FFO jumps
* Q4 FFO $0.42/shr vs $0.15/shr year ago
* Sees 2010 FFO of $1.58-$1.70/shr
Feb 24 (Reuters) - Real estate investment trust Weingarten Realty Investors' (WRI.N) fourth-quarter funds from operations (FFO) jumped more than four fold, helped by a drop in expenses.
For fiscal 2010, the company forecast FFO of $1.58 to $1.70 per share. Analysts on average were expecting FFO of $1.66 per share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Fourth-quarter FFO was $51.6 million, or 42 cents a share, compared with $12.7 million, or 15 cents a share, a year ago.
Excluding items, the company reported FFO of 44 cents a share.
Analysts were expecting FFO of 41 cents a share.
The commercial real estate owner, manager and developer cut its total expenses by 40 percent to $89.2 million.
FFO is a key performance measure for real estate investment trusts, or REITs, because it excludes the profit-reducing effect of depreciation.
Shares of the Houston-based company closed at $20.34 Wednesday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Fareha Khan in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |