UPDATE 1-Ansys Q4 tops Street, sees spending pressure
* Q4 adj EPS $0.53 vs est $0.49
* Q4 software license rev up 6 pct
* Sees difficult spending environment
* Sees 2010 adj EPS $1.84-$1.93 vs est $1.92
Feb 25 (Reuters) - Engineering simulation software maker Ansys Inc (ANSS.O) posted a modestly better-than-expected quarterly profit, as revenue from software licenses grew sluggishly, and forecast a largely in-line 2010.
The company expects ongoing pressure on customer capital spending and prolonged sales cycles, it said in a statement.
Fourth-quarter net income increased to $37.6 million, or 42 cents per share, from $31.9 million, or 36 cents per share, a year earlier.
Excluding items, the company posted earnings of 53 cents a share, beating analysts' expectations of 49 cents a share, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
Total revenue grew 11 percent to $150.4 million. Analysts were expecting revenue of $140.3 million.
For 2010, Ansys expects earnings of $1.84 to $1.93 a share, on revenue of $550 million to $575 million. Analysts were expecting a profit of $1.92 a share and revenue of $567.6 million. [ID:nWNAB1817]
Shares of the company closed at $44.04 Wednesday on Nasdaq. They have gained about 22 percent in the last six months. (Reporting by Sayantani Ghosh in Bangalore; Editing by Saumyadeb Chakrabarty)
- Washington wins diplomatic support for campaign in Iraq; Syria trickier |
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- Western sanctions are testing Russia's strength: Medvedev |
- Alibaba worried about Facebook IPO as considered Nasdaq versus NYSE |
- Exclusive: Two Apple medical trials shed light on how HealthKit will work