Coke in talks to buy bulk of bottler - source
PHILADELPHIA Feb 24 (Reuters) - Coca-Cola Co (KO.N)is in talks to buy the bulk of Coca-Cola Enterprises Inc (CCE.N), marking a shift in its strategy to keep its bottling operations separate, a person familiar with the situation said.
Coca-Cola and Coca-Cola Enterprises could not be immediately reached for comment.
The Wall Street Journal reported that a deal would be weighed by boards of both companies on Wednesday night.
The Journal did not report details of the transaction, but said on its website on Wednesday that the combined equity and assumed debt of the deal would exceed $15 billion. (Reporting by Jessica Hall; editing by Carol Bishopric) (For more M&A news and our DealZone blog, go to here)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions