Former Och-Ziff executive plans China PE fund -WSJ
Feb 26 (Reuters) - A former managing director of U.S. hedge fund Och-Ziff Capital Management Group (OZM.N) is looking to raise about $500 million for a private equity fund focusing on China, the Wall Street Journal reported.
Frank Yu is starting his own private equity firm called Themes Investment Partners, and the firm has completed its first round of fund raising, the paper said, citing people familiar with the matter.
Frank Yu declined to comment to Reuters from his Hong Kong office.
The fund is expected to begin start dealing in the coming months in a broad range of sectors, the paper said.
A source told the paper that Themes Investment Partners intended to co-invest with its limited partners and help them pursue strategic transactions in China. (Reporting by Sakthi Prasad in Bangalore, editing by Will Waterman)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report