Britain will join euro one day: Mandelson
PARIS (Reuters) - Britain will be part of the euro one day but not any time soon, Business Secretary Peter Mandelson said on Friday.
"We already have a euro zone providing a single central bank, currency and monetary policy which one day I believe Britain will be part of. It's not going to be soon but we will do it," Mandelson said after delivering a speech on globalization in Paris.
Britain is due to hold an election by June. The opposition Conservatives have said they would never adopt the euro.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic