Three "ER" alumni cast in pilots
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Three "ER" veterans have booked roles in drama pilots, a year after the medical drama ended its 15-season run.
David Lyons has landed the lead in NBC's "The Cape," Shane West is set to star opposite Maggie Q in the CW's "Nikita" remake, and Laura Innes has joined NBC's "The Event."
"The Cape" centers on Vince Faraday (Lyons), a former cop set up as a criminal who becomes a masked hero to clear his name and reunite with his son. Lyons played Dr, Simon Brenner on the final season of "ER."
"Nikita" centers on Nikita (Maggie Q), who is being trained to replace the original assassin after she goes rogue. West, who played wannabe rocker Ray Barnett on "ER," will play the agent in charge of recruitment sent to bring in the rogue Nikita.
On the conspiracy thriller "Event," Innes, who portrayed physically disabled lesbian Kerry Weaver for 14 years on "ER," will play the mysterious inmates' leader at a secret facility.
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet