Anglo American halts two Chile copper mine operations
SANTIAGO, Feb 27 (Reuters) -- Global miner Anglo American (AAL.L) said on Saturday it halted operations at two of its copper mines in Chile after a major earthquake cut energy supplies to the deposits.
An Anglo American spokesman in Chile said the company shut down operations at Los Bronces and El Soldado mines. Both mines produce around 280,000 tonnes of copper annually.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |