Anglo American halts two Chile copper mine operations
SANTIAGO, Feb 27 (Reuters) -- Global miner Anglo American (AAL.L) said on Saturday it halted operations at two of its copper mines in Chile after a major earthquake cut energy supplies to the deposits.
An Anglo American spokesman in Chile said the company shut down operations at Los Bronces and El Soldado mines. Both mines produce around 280,000 tonnes of copper annually.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |