Rockwood says no impact from Chile earthquake
NEW YORK Feb 28 (Reuters) - Rockwood Holdings (ROC.N), the specialty chemicals company, said on Sunday that its operations escaped damage from the massive earthquake that struck Chile over the weekend.
The company produces lithium carbonate and other lithium compounds at sites in the Salar de Atacama and La Negra in Chile, both located about 900 miles north of the epicenter of Saturday's earthquake [ID:nN28156557].
The company said operations have full capability to maintain normal production schedule. No employees were injured. (Reporting by Paul Thomasch; Editing by Leslie Adler)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official