Rockwood says no impact from Chile earthquake
NEW YORK Feb 28 (Reuters) - Rockwood Holdings (ROC.N), the specialty chemicals company, said on Sunday that its operations escaped damage from the massive earthquake that struck Chile over the weekend.
The company produces lithium carbonate and other lithium compounds at sites in the Salar de Atacama and La Negra in Chile, both located about 900 miles north of the epicenter of Saturday's earthquake [ID:nN28156557].
The company said operations have full capability to maintain normal production schedule. No employees were injured. (Reporting by Paul Thomasch; Editing by Leslie Adler)
- Crisis deepens as Ukraine says Russian troops back rebel advance |
- Ukraine leader says Russian forces are in the country as key town falls
- U.S. air strikes on Syria would face formidable obstacles
- Samsung unveils smartwatch that can make calls
- Islamic State executes dozens of Syrian army soldiers: monitor