UPDATE 1-MedCath to consider strategic options, including sale
* Says options include sale of co, individual hospitals
* Committee of independent directors to consider options
* Shares up 5 pct
March 1 (Reuters) - Hospital operator MedCath Corp MDTH.O said it would consider strategic options, including a possible sale of the company, or the sale of individual hospitals and other assets.
Shares of the company were up 5 percent at $7.30 in extended trade. They closed at $6.95 Monday on Nasdaq.
MedCath said its board has formed a strategic options committee of independent directors to consider the alternatives. It retained Navigant Capital Advisors to assist the committee. (Reporting by Anand Basu in Bangalore; Editing by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |