UPDATE 1-MedCath to consider strategic options, including sale
* Says options include sale of co, individual hospitals
* Committee of independent directors to consider options
* Shares up 5 pct
March 1 (Reuters) - Hospital operator MedCath Corp MDTH.O said it would consider strategic options, including a possible sale of the company, or the sale of individual hospitals and other assets.
Shares of the company were up 5 percent at $7.30 in extended trade. They closed at $6.95 Monday on Nasdaq.
MedCath said its board has formed a strategic options committee of independent directors to consider the alternatives. It retained Navigant Capital Advisors to assist the committee. (Reporting by Anand Basu in Bangalore; Editing by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- A plunge in U.S. preschool obesity? Not so fast, experts say