Sean Bean vs. Luke Goss in "Death Race 2"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sean Bean is starring opposite Luke Goss in "Death Race 2," a straight-to-DVD prequel to the 2008 Jason Statham thriller.
The film as serving as the origin story for the character named Frankenstein, a convicted cop killer (Goss) in a declining American Empire where a racing reality show is about to be born in the country's corrupt prison system.
Also in the cast are Lauren Cohan, Ving Rhames, Danny Trejo, and Frederick Koehler. Roel Reine is directing.
Universal is putting out the feature, currently shooting in South Africa, as part of its DVD Originals banner, a line of originals made for home entertainment. "Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball" was the most recent release.
Bean is currently on screens as Zeus in "Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief."
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes