UPDATE 1-Incumbent Perry wins Texas governor primary
(Updates with Hutchison concession, White, previous Dallas)
DALLAS, March 2 (Reuters) - Incumbent Rick Perry beat U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison in a bruising primary election on Tuesday to decide the Republican candidate for Texas governor.
"I have called Governor Perry congratulating him on his victory," Hutchison said in televised remarks from Dallas, after early poll results showed Perry with a commanding lead.
Perry, the longest-serving Texas governor, will face former Houston Mayor Bill White in the November general election. White beat Houston businessman Farouk Shami in the Democratic primary. (Reporting by Ed Stoddard; Editing by Peter Cooney)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions