Well protected. Well prepared. - Merck Presents Innovative and Eco-Friendly Solutions at the analytica 2010 Trade Fair in Munich
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
* Innovations for food, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis * Sponsoring a UNESCO biosphere reserve in South Africa with analytical reagents in eco-friendly Titripac® packs * Monolithic Chromolith® columns for fast HPLC and SeQuantTM ZIC®-HILIC for separating polar and hydrophilic compounds DARMSTADT, Germany--(Business Wire)-- Every two years Munich becomes the hub for laboratory technology, analytics and biotechnology. Under the slogan of "Well protected. Well prepared", Merck KGaA will be represented with an approximately 120 m2 booth at the analytica 2010, which will take place from March 23 to 26, 2010. In Hall A3, Booth 211/310 the Laboratory Business will showcase new product solutions and services to its customers in the pharmaceutical, food, chemical and environmental analysis sectors. Innovations for food, environmental and pharmaceutical analysis Merck is presenting new culture media for microbiology and easy-to-use tests for food and environmental analysis as well as hygiene monitoring, including the foodproof® PCR tests for rapid detection of pathogens, genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and spoilage organisms. Specially granulated culture media from Merck reduce dust development in laboratories and thus decrease the risk of inhaling substances. The broad range of EMSURE analytical reagents for pharmacopoeia analysis will be presented. The new Merck catalog for water and food analysis comprises information on over 450 products. These include a new Merckoquant® test for disinfection control with glutaraldehyde and the Spectroquant® spectrophotometers Pharo 100 and 300, which are used in drinking, surface, process and waste water analysis, as well as beverage analysis and disinfection control. User-friendly reusable containers for solvents and the new SeccoSept® closures for dried solvents prevent contamination, provide more safety in handling hazardous substances and help avoid waste. Sponsoring a UNESCO biosphere reserve in South Africa with analytical reagents in eco-friendly Titripac® packs Merck products and services address the topic of safety and the environment - for Merck has engaged itself in sustainable environmental protection for over 30 years. For example, volumetric solutions and buffer solutions for analysis in recyclable Titripac® packs not only reduce packaging waste and enable eco-friendly handling, but also help sponsor an important environmental project in South Africa. For every Titripac® pack from Merck that is sold between the trade fair and the end of the year, 50 euro cents go to the UNESCO biosphere reserve "Kruger to Canyons". Monolithic Chromolith® columns for fast HPLC and SeQuantTM ZIC®-HILIC for separating polar and hydrophilic compounds As a leading supplier of chromatography products, Merck has been advancing the development of analytical and preparative separation technologies for decades. Merck`s focus at the trade fair is on analytical HPLC with innovations to the monolithic Chromolith® HPLC columns for ultrafast separations using standard HPLC systems, to Purospher® for UHPLC separations, and to SeQuantTM ZIC®-HILIC for excellent separations of polar and hydrophilic compounds. All Merck press releases are distributed via e-mail at the same time they become available on the Merck website: Please go to http://www.newsabo.merck.de to register online, change your selection or discontinue this service. Merck is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with total revenues of € 7.7 billion in 2009, a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by approximately 33,000 employees in 61 countries. Merck`s success is characterized by innovations from entrepreneurial employees. Merck`s operating activities come under the umbrella of Merck KGaA, in which the Merck family holds an approximately 70% interest and shareholders own the remaining approximately 30%. In 1917, the U.S. subsidiary Merck & Co. was expropriated and has been an independent company ever since. MERCK KGaA Markus Kaiser Senior Communication Manager Communication Chemicals (GC) Ph: +49-6151-72-2031 Fx: +49-6151-7291-2031 email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.merck.de Copyright Business Wire 2010
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |