UPDATE 1-Cell Therapeutics says FDA OKs manufacturing facility
* FDA approves NerPharMa to manufacture drug pixantrone
* FDA's final decision on drug expected by April 23
March 8 (Reuters) - Cell Therapeutics Inc (CTIC.O) said U.S. health regulators approved the facility to manufacture its experimental cancer drug currently under review, sending its shares up 14 percent before the bell.
The company said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration completed its inspection of the facility at NerPharMa, which belongs to Italy-based Nerviano Medical Sciences, and has found the site in compliance and acceptable for continued manufacturing of the drug pixantrone.
The drug is under review as a treatment for relapsed/refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and the FDA is expected to make a final decision on approval by April 23.
Shares of Cell Therapeutics closed at 90 cents Friday on Nasdaq. They were at $1.02 Monday before the bell. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri)
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port