UPDATE 1-Cell Therapeutics says FDA OKs manufacturing facility
* FDA approves NerPharMa to manufacture drug pixantrone
* FDA's final decision on drug expected by April 23
March 8 (Reuters) - Cell Therapeutics Inc (CTIC.O) said U.S. health regulators approved the facility to manufacture its experimental cancer drug currently under review, sending its shares up 14 percent before the bell.
The company said the U.S. Food and Drug Administration completed its inspection of the facility at NerPharMa, which belongs to Italy-based Nerviano Medical Sciences, and has found the site in compliance and acceptable for continued manufacturing of the drug pixantrone.
The drug is under review as a treatment for relapsed/refractory aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and the FDA is expected to make a final decision on approval by April 23.
Shares of Cell Therapeutics closed at 90 cents Friday on Nasdaq. They were at $1.02 Monday before the bell. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore; Editing by Ratul Ray Chaudhuri)
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight