"Precious" star officially joins "The Big C"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Recent Oscar nominee Gabourey Sidibe has officially joined Showtime's upcoming dark comedy series "The Big C" in a recurring capacity.
The "Precious" star will reprise the role from the pilot, which was billed as a guest star/potential recurring.
On the show, starring Laura Linney as a repressed suburban wife and mother who reclaims her life after a terminal cancer diagnosis, Sidibe plays a smart-alecky student in Cathy's class.
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Gaza toll soars as Israel 'days' from completing tunnel hunt
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- Argentina braces for market reaction to second default in 12 years