Japan Noda: Wants BOJ to take appropriate policy steps
(For more stories on the Japanese economy click [ID:nECONJP])
TOKYO, March 15 (Reuters) - Japan's deputy finance minister Yoshihiko Noda said he hopes the Bank of Japan will respond appropriately to the economy's current situation at its policy meeting ending on Wednesday.
"I hope the BOJ will take appropriate policy steps in view of Japan's current economic situation," Noda told a news conference on Monday.
He also said a flexible Chinese yuan would be a plus to both the world and Chinese economies. (Reporting by Tetsushi Kajimoto)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |