Elpida set to post Y20 bln op profit in 09/10-Nikkei
TOKYO, March 17
TOKYO, March 17 (Reuters) - Elpida Memory 6665.T is expected to return to the black with an operating profit of almost 20 billion yen ($222 million) for the year ending this month, buoyed by a recovery in DRAM chip prices, the Nikkei business daily reported on Wednesday.
Elpida is expected to post an operating profit of 16.5 billion yen for the current financial year, according to a poll of 19 analysts by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
DRAM prices are currently around $2.5 for 1 gigabit products, up from around $1 about a year ago, the newspaper said.
Elpida, the No.1 Japanese maker of DRAM chips, reported an operating loss of 147 billion yen last business year, remaining in the red for a second straight year. ($1=90.25 Yen) (Reporting by Yumiko Nishitani; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people |
- REFILE-UPDATE 3-Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- China helping locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane: TV
- China says no room for compromise with Japan on history, territory