RPT-UPDATE 1-Sterling Bancorp raises size of stock offering
(Repeats without any changes to text)
* Prices offering of 7.5 mln shrs at $8/shr
* Offering size raised by 47 pct
March 16 (Reuters) - Regional lender Sterling Bancorp (STL.N) raised the size of its common share offering by 47 percent that was priced at $8 apiece.
The New York-based company raised the size of its share offering to 7.5 million from 5.1 million and priced it at a 2 percent discount to the stock's Monday close.
The proceeds from the offering will be used for general corporate purposes and will qualify as tangible common equity and Tier 1 regulatory capital, it said in a statement.
Sterling Bancorp granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 1.1 million shares.
Shares of the company were up 9 cents at $8.27 Tuesday before the bell. They closed at $8.18 Monday on the New York Stock Exchange. (Reporting by Abhinav Sharma in Bangalore; Editing by Anil D'Silva)
- Judge rejects strict limits on U.S. nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush denied bail |
- Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally |
- Judge issues order enforcing Ebola isolation of defiant Maine nurse