UPDATE 1-Akeena to provide installation services through Lowe's
* Says installation services across 21 stores in California
* Says services for customers buying its solar panels
* Akeena shares up 18 pct
March 17 (Reuters) - Solar power systems maker Akeena Solar Inc AKNS.O said it will provide installation services for customers buying its all-in-one solar panels from retailer Lowe's Cos Inc's (LOW.N) 21 stores in California.
Shares of Akeena rose 18 percent to $1.23 Wednesday on Nasdaq.
The news comes a few months after the company started selling its Andalay solar panels at 21 Lowe's stores in California.
Akeena had said it hoped to break even by selling panels at retail stores and to installers outside its home state of California, in addition to its traditional installation business. The move puts the company in competition with the likes of SunPower Corp SPWRA.O in selling panels. [ID:nN10145208] (Reporting by Arup Roychoudhury in Bangalore; Editing by Maju Samuel)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel