Alinta mulls raising up to A$1 bln in equity -sources
MELBOURNE/PERTH, March 18
MELBOURNE/PERTH, March 18 (Reuters) - Australian utility Alinta Energy (AEJ.AX) is contemplating an equity raising of as much as A$1 billion ($923.4 million) as part of efforts to pay down debt, three sources with direct knowledge of the deal said on Thursday.
Macquarie (MQG.AX) and UBS (UBSN.VX), hired by Alinta to advise it on recapitalisation options, have recommended raising between A$500 million to A$1 billion, but Alinta is still considering its options, one of the sources said.
The sources said Alinta is also hoping to secure a cornerstone investor for the company and is in talks with potential buyers, but the discussions are still at an early stage.
Alinta did not immediately reply to phone calls or an email seeking comment. ($1=1.083 Australian Dollar) (Reporting by Sharon Klyne and Fayen Wong)
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47 |
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand