Russia approves Oracle, Sun merger with conditions
MOSCOW, March 19
MOSCOW, March 19 (Reuters) - Russia's Anti-monopoly regulator (FAS) said on Friday it has approved a $7 billion takeover of Sun Microsystems JAVA.O by Oracle ORCL.O on condition that Oracle continues to develop Sun's MySQL database. "FAS has reviewed the application and ... has decided to approve the application," the regulator, said in a statement, adding that the approval would only be valid if Oracle continues to develop Sun's MySQL database. (Reporting by Maria Kiselyova; editing by Toni Vorobyova)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales