No deal for Paula Abdul at ABC
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Paula Abdul won't be judging "Star Search."
The former "American Idol" judge and ABC couldn't come to terms on Abdul judging a reboot of the classic talent show.
The outcome puts the fate of the show in doubt since ABC's interest in "Search" was heavily tied to Abdul participating in the show.
Fox offered Abdul a hefty $5 million to continue on "Idol" last year, which she rejected. Abdul was reluctant to take a lower salary for "Search." And ABC was, naturally, reluctant to indulge in such high figures for launching an untested reality show into a marketplace crowded with successful talent competitions.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Wall Street drops, S&P on track for worst day since April
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |